Sunday, June 26, 2011

Home Brew Guitar Jams - Willie Vega

I met Willie Vega back in 1987 in Miami Springs. Willie and Deniz were good friends, which is how I was introduced. Deniz recorded one of his first tracks back in 1986 with Willie playing guitar. The song is called Tall Tales; you can listen on the original songs list in the music player on this blog. Willie now lives in New York City. We have connected again through social media. A lot of soul bleeds out when Willie Vega plays guitar. Check out his YouTube channel with videos of Willie Vega playing guitar at http://www.youtube.com/user/willievega.  I have embedded some of his latest videos and quotes below. Yes, I have to mention that Willie Vega is a huge guitar Gear-Head! For you gear-heads out there, make sure you also visit www.ThatGuitarShow.tv.

Good friend and good times! - Kenny Leibow



 Tweak Fuzz and Modtone Wah

"I did this video for my brother Rob 'Mr. Scumbag', cause he really digs this style.
The Tweak Fuzz is a Wah friendly pedal (not all fuzzes are).
Since I used a Seymour Duncan, Tweak Fuzz and a Modtone Wah, I am calling it a demo."





HBE (Home Brew Electronic) Power Screamer Blues


"Shot this little improv with no preparation. I'm a rambunctious bastard!"



Collage of Gear demos

2 comments:

Jojo Taylor said...

Willie and I Became Friends in Miami Back In 1990 While He Was Doing A Duo With Kenny in a Sports Bar On Miller Rd. We Started Jamming and Soon Became Great Friends. He Started To Teach Me How To Play Electric Guitar, Since I Had Been An Acoustic Guitarist For Four Decades, Thank You My Dear Friend .. Rest in Peace .. Eternally Your Friend .. Jojo Taylor !

Jojo Taylor said...

Jojo Taylor said...
Willie and I Became Friends in Miami Back In 1990 While He Was Doing A Duo With Kenny in a Sports Bar On Miller Rd. We Started Jamming and Soon Became Great Friends. He Started To Teach Me How To Play Electric Guitar, Since I Had Been An Acoustic Guitarist For Four Decades, Thank You My Dear Friend .. Rest in Peace .. Eternally Your Friend .. Jojo Taylor !